Friday, December 26, 2014

Starring... Lady Thief by A.C. Gaughen {Review}

16181630Scarlet’s true identity has been revealed, but her future is uncertain. Her forced marriage to Lord Gisbourne threatens Robin and Scarlet’s love, and as the royal court descends upon Nottingham for the appointment of a new Sheriff, the people of Nottingham hope that Prince John will appoint their beloved Robin Hood. But Prince John has different plans for Nottingham that revolve around a fateful secret from Scarlet’s past even she isn’t yet aware of. Forced to participate at court alongside her ruthless husband, Scarlet must bide her time and act the part of a noblewoman—a worthy sacrifice if it means helping Robin’s cause and a chance at a future with the man she loves. With a fresh line of intrigue and as much passion as ever, the next chapter in Scarlet’s tale will have readers talking once again.
Stars in: YA Historical Fiction, Fantasy
Book Rating: 
Fangirling Scale: Reaching for the Stars!

Robin Hood's band of thieves may have hit some bumps along the way to save their little town of Nottingham but, this time may not be easy to go by.What will Scarlet, Robin Hood, Much, and John do in order to save the town or themselves? Will their unselfish selves finally pay off to a life they wanted?

When I marathoned this series, I am so glad I did! A continuation of Scarlet's adventure in their pursuit to saving the town of Nottingham is the most suspenseful as compared to the previous book. Readers will see beloved characters (Robin, my beloved.) in pain and involved in serious trouble that puts their lives at stake. As Lady Thief is the sequel to Scarlet, I would say that the series is getting better and better! My heart was thumping of fear and excitement with the events that Ms. Gaughen has executed in this installment. Surely, Lady Thief was never a bore to read.

Readers revisit Scarlet's point of view and authentic voice in Lady Thief. Scarlet's speech is relatively evident to how people during the time the book is placed in with the slang and past tense of how she spoke. Not only does Scarlet have a great voice in her story, she is an amazing lead character. I'm officially announcing that Scarlet is part of the Strong Fictional Women Hall of Fame! Even with the pressures of the royal court and the expectations of her "husband" (whom I hate for separating my couple!), Scarlet never backs down to saving the rights she thinks women deserve according to that time period. No one will control this girl, not even Robin Hood. 

Seeing my glorious thieving bunch in pain in this book was heartbreaking but, very much appreciated in this book. One thing that I notice in epic series is that the sequel always display the aftermath from the events of predecessor. But, usually their pain does not outweigh their story and Lady Thief contradicts this statement. Robin suffers greatly from his dreams that seem to overrule him. This problem fits accordingly to the events of the previous book and purposely shows that our characters were extremely hurt. So basically what I'm trying to say is: I liked seeing how pain really does leave a mark in characters. And Lady Thief did just that!

My heart definitely will not come back to life after the events of Lady Thief. (Warning: Be ready my fragile fangirls.) Robin Hood and Scarlet work really hard for their relationship to stay and they really do deserve that despite all the things that force them to separate from each other. Their love for each other has formed from their current care for the other and that's what makes me ship them so hard. Love is what keeps them together even if Robin suffers from his dreams which physically hurts Scarlet. But, she takes the hits because that is what love does to people, showing one that love will survive if it is truly real. 

Once again, Ms. Gaughen has stole my heart and mental stability with the miserable outcome to Scarlet and Robin's romance because of a certain someone that I will certainly end up killing if Robin doesn't first. Now, I am eagerly anticipating and dreading the last Scarlet novel, Lionheart. I'm at the stage that I don't want it to end but, I gotta know what happens. Yeah, the Scarlet series has gotten me hooked...


Twinkling Quote: 
Always looking for the star,

peach sundress ~

No comments:

Post a Comment