Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Starring...Teardrop by Lauren Kate {Review}

16070143
Never, ever cry...
Seventeen-year-old Eureka won't let anyone close enough to feel her pain. After her mother was killed in a freak accident, the things she used to love hold no meaning. She wants to escape, but one thing holds her back: Ander, the boy who is everywhere she goes, whose turquoise eyes are like the ocean. And then Eureka uncovers an ancient tale of romance and heartbreak, about a girl who cried an entire continent into the sea. Suddenly her mother's death and Ander's appearance seem connected, and her life takes on dark undercurrents that don't make sense. Can everything you love be washed away?
Book Rating: 
Fangirling Scale: Gazing at the Stars!

Actual teardrops ran down my face while reading this book. Do not fear though, because crying is welcome while reading Teardrop. But,take a minute to think about this: Imagine never crying for anyone or anything, do you think you can survive? (Personally, I don't think I can because I feel that I can't express my feelings, my inner fangirl and swoon.) To answer the question: EUREKA can.

Cover Love: Isn't this cover beautiful? Just looking at the dress the model is wearing adds to the feel of the book. If you haven't noticed (like I did when I was distracted with how good this book is), the dress is made up of water and shadows of Atlantis. But, sorry to surprise readers but, this book cover was changed! Although the new cover is nice, I thought that old cover was so gorgeous... 

20697424

Ms. Kate writes an accurately correct character who appears to be very troubled and broken from her mother's death. She clearly displays the true reluctance and emotions one would feel when they lose a loved one. Eureka! Teardrop will bring you into a splashing journey filled with unknown prophecies, an unexpected love story that you will love, and tears that is not shed.

My fragile bookish heart practically couldn't believe that the main character has never shed a tear. Crying is like a state where I can let go of all my stress (from reading!) and emotions. Well, this does not apply to Eureka. Ms. Kate handles all Eureka's emotions with realistic prohibitions. 

One thing that confused me was Ander, thinking that basically he was a stalker the whole time, there was something about him that drew the reader and Eureka. I can't really explain or put into words what it is. Vice versa, Eureka's love for Ander was so unnatural that I knew there had to be something attached to their relationship. Even if the romance was somewhat confusing for me, however, I thought that their relationship was equally swoonworthy in a wierd, confusing way. (I think so because I am just a hopeless romantic sometimes...)

BEWARE: THE BOOK IS TRUE TO ITS TITLE. TEARDROPS WILL FALL. (Just hope your teardrops will not raise Atlantis!)

Twinkling Quote: "You have to survive because I won't live in a world without you."


Always looking for the star,

peach sundress ~

No comments:

Post a Comment