Sunday, December 21, 2014

Starring... Waterfall by Lauren Kate {Review}

19401029
Eureka’s tears have flooded the earth, and now Atlantis is rising, bringing with it its evil king, Atlas. Eureka is the only one who can stop him, but first she must learn how to fight. She travels across the ocean with Cat, her family, and Ander, the gorgeous and mysterious Seedbearer who promises to help her find Solon, an enigmatic lost Seedbearer who knows how to defeat Atlas.

Once on land, Eureka is taunted by gossipwitches, a group of displaced Atlantean sorceresses, and ambushed by locals struggling to survive amid the destruction her tears have wrought. And she feels no closer to facing Atlas or saving the world when Solon lets slip that love is Ander’s weakness, and that any affection he feels toward her makes him age faster.

Trying to make sense of the dark world her sorrow has created, Eureka receives startling insight from an enchanted pond. Her bewildering reflection reveals a soul-crushing secret: if she’s strong enough, Eureka can draw on this knowledge to defeat Atlas—unless her broken heart is just what he needs to fuel his rising kingdom...

In Waterfall, Eureka has the chance to save the world. But she’ll have to give up everything—even love.
Book Rating: 1/2
Fangirling Scale: Wishing on the Stars! (I know how I can I not feel anything?)

The question you may ask is: Why does this book get such a low score since you reviewed the first book, Teardrop, and liked it? Well twinklers gather around, I will make it simple. I just did not like it. There were many problems and things I disliked about the book and the story. The book just did not match my excitement for the book. Let's go on to how Waterfall by Lauren Kate became a downfall in my book.

Ok, who can agree with me that you don't like when you just leave series hanging and not read until later even though you did not like the first book at all? Well, I am that person with Waterfall. From my previous review of Teardrop, I deemed the series with an "ok". Not too bad or good. So, when Waterfall came out, I was so excited to continue the series and give it a fighting chance. Well, this book did not reach the stars as I wanted it to.

Waterfall drops us in after the events of Teardrop which made me think it will be a "filler book" or where their journey is extended to fulfill the trilogy place. I think Waterfall is one of those books. The story dragged on to the point that I had to renew the book for another two weeks if you've seen my library book haul. I felt that the story didn't need all the extra magical fantasy details Kate incorporated into the story. Some of the details wasn't necessary because already too many things are already happening. With the story slowing me down and keeping me uninterested, the pace of the book was slow. The timing of the events occurring in Waterfall could have gone faster if Eureka didn't dilly dally with simple things.

Remember how I am a hopeless romantic and swoons at every cute thing? Well, Waterfall was one of those rare times when I didn't feel anything at all. I was stone-cold the whole time when bits of romance between the characters was brought to the spotlight. As well, the romance was so CONFUSING. Does Eureka pick Ander or Brooks? Who is it,girl? I don't know who Eureka loves because she expressed similar feelings to both boys. This poor attempt at a love triangle was not needed in my opinion.

The duration of the book was so slow and did not grab my interest, making it hard for me to even finish the book. Waterfall did not leave me satisfied at all, killing all the potential stars I had for Kate's books. (But still, I will give chances to her other books because I am a nice person and all.) I will most likely finish this trilogy not because of excitement but, for just the sake of finishing a series I have started. Waterfall was just not the star today.

Twinkling Quote:

Always looking for the star,

peach sundress ~

No comments:

Post a Comment